Sunday 3 April 2011

Spring challenge

I woke up this morning bright and early and remebered I had the day to myself.  One of my daughter's took me out yesterday to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park as my mother's day treat, my other daughter lives quite a distance away and hubby is at the golf course.

So what did I do with all this time on my hands - baked a cake (carrot) and after looking at Little Claire's new challenge I decided I would spend some time in my craft room to come up with my idea for a spring card. 

I decided I would do a side easel card.  I had just purchased some new nestabilities so I would also incorperate that.  I stamped my image and coloured with pro markers.  I matted and layered the image on some card from my stash embossing one of them with a clutterbug embossing folder.  I then embellished with gems, card candy and gemmed flora doodles (which I also coloured with pro-markers).  For the inside of the card I used some paper from the Quite Contrary/My Minds Eye stack.

I hope you like my card


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card denise,love the colours, good luck with the challenge. Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love the spring colours too!

    Thanks for joining in our challenge at Little Claires.

    Kitty xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card - I love the colours!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Little Claire's this week x

    ReplyDelete